Fill out the enrollment form for open spots or to be added to the waitlist
Registering for a charter school:
- Enrolling your student(s) saves a spot for them for the equitable selection process (lottery).
- The equitable selection process (lottery) randomly selects students
- After families have "won" a seat they then need to register to secure the spot.
The Equitable Selection (Lottery) Process:
- Enrollment for the Fall 2023 school year lottery closed on February 28, 2023. On March 1, 2023, the lottery was held and families were notified via email.
- Grade levels not filled will continue to take students in on a first-come-first-serve basis until the capacity is reached. Once a student is registered they do NOT need to re-enter the lottery again in subsequent years.
Different class size limits:
- Charter schools determine their enrollment capacity per grade in their charter, which is approved by the state.
- Charter schools are independently managed, publicly funded entities with state authorization allowing for significant autonomy and flexibility.
MCS is public (free) charter school serving the McCall area. We serve grades K-8. You can still enroll for the 2023-2024 school year, for any open spots available. Please fill out the following form to enroll.
For more information on Idaho Public Charter School enrollment procedures please visit https://www.sde.idaho.gov/school-choice/charter/.
All prospective students will be given the opportunity to enroll in the public charter school, regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, social or economic status, or special needs.
Special Education programs in our school exist to provide services to students who meet eligibility requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) under one of the thirteen disability categories allowed in the State of Idaho. Mountain Community Charter seeks to meet its obligations under the law to provide Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) to all eligible students and to do this within the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE). Services will be provided in a student's school to the extent that is appropriate.